close friends
I just found out recently that a very close friend of mine has been engaged for about a month. And I found out from my MOM.
I'm a little more bothered that I heard this great news through my maternal grapevine than I am happy for my friend. I've known him my entire life - he's practically family - might as well be a brother to me! So I guess I'm a little hurt that he never shared his good news with me.
It's partly my fault - I've been so caught up in preparing things for this conference and having a hard time concentrating much effort on anything not research related lately (hence the lack of blog posts). But still, an email from him would have been better than nothing.
I should be more mature about this and just call my friend and be happy for him. I just feel like after all these years I mean less to him, and that stings. I'm sure Mr. Daybyday will talk some sense into me. Usually that means I'll get mad at Mr. Daybyday for not seeing my side of things first, but eventually I'll admit that he's right and move on. Until then, I brood.
No comments:
Post a Comment