Less groggy
Sorry for the lack of posting lately - morning (afternoon and night) sickness took me out of commission for quite a while. But thankfully (I hope!) the worst of that is behind me.
I started feeling a bit better last week while my family was visiting. I still couldn't manage to go out with them to eat - but I was starting to stomach some regular food again. I ventured out with them for about two hours one day, but had to come home and rest afterwards.
I gotta say, I never realized how different day to day life can be when you're pregnant. Now that I am pregnant, I find out all about the fatigue and nausea - but it just never occurred to me before how much these two things can influence life when you are pregnant. And then I hear tales of some women who didn't even realize they were pregnant until they were about 6 months along!
Anyway, it was a really great visit with my family, and my mom came with me to my first ultrasound appointment (Mr. Daybyday was very upset that he had to miss that one because of work - but he'll be at the next one). I was so relieved to see that the baby really was a baby (so it wasn't a molar pregnancy) and that it was in the uterus where it was supposed to be (not ectopic). But the most amazing part of the ultrasound was when I saw the little one's heart beating! Suddenly the pregnancy felt so real! Not that the nausea didn't feel real, but seeing the little heart beating really brought home that there was a living entity inside me! I imagine that feeling the baby move will have a similar effect on me when it happens.
So yeah, I felt well enough to come back into work this week. I still don't have my full appetite back, despite being hungry ALL THE TIME - but I was able to handle food smells in my building without too much trouble yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment