Getting over things
First off, thank you all for the birthday wishes! A friend of mine from grad school came to visit last weekend and brought some very delicious ice cream for me. She also instructed me NOT to share it with my lab. Who am I to disobey such an order? I gladly shared with her and then finished off the container myself the next day.
Wee One is doing incredibly well after this most recent surgery. I can hardly believe the difference it has made for her already! Now that she isn't struggling to breathe she is actually able to finish a bottle without exhausting herself! This means she's eating MORE than ever before - and that is fantastic news because we've always struggled getting her to eat enough and gain weight. Now she's eating closer to the maximum recommended for someone her size and age! Hurrah!!!
And her social development is just blossoming right now! I think not having to work so hard to breathe is just making everything else easier because she's got so much more energy to devote to other things now :)
It's just amazing, and fantastic, and I love her to pieces.
Work is going much better now - I'm still really hoping to get this manuscript done by the end of November (that's my InAdWriMo goal over on the right panel).
A little while ago (maybe it was last weekend?) I tried pumping again - someone had told me about hormones you can take to stimulate relactation, and with Wee One now feeding so well, I thought maybe, just maybe, I could start nursing her again, if I could start lactating again. Well the Wee One has completely forgotten what nipples are for and just sort of looked at me like "What ARE you doing? Are you trying to smother me???" And Mr. Daybyday just sort of raised his eyebrows when I dug out the manual breast pump and told him my plans. Pretty much all I got out of it was sore nipples.
However, I think it helped me become a little more okay with not being able to nurse Wee One. She's doing so great now that nursing would be more about me than her. And I've got enough other things to worry about that nursing, although it would have been nice, isn't such a big deal now as it was before.
And that's a good thing.
3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that things are going better for you and for the Wee One.
Full of good news! Well, except for the sore nipples. But other than that, good news all 'round. Hooray!
So happy to hear Wee One is doing so well and that things are turning around for you.
I read somewhere that breastfeeding doesn't automatically make you a good mother so there is not reason to think that not breastfeeding makes you a bad mother. I try to remember this when I feel guilty about not being able to breastfeed my twins.
Post a Comment