Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Advisor makes good

So yesterday I was ready to post about how annoying and frustrating my postdoc advisor's habit of scheduling vague meeting times with me has gotten to be. But today a meeting actually happened! Hurrah!

And it was productive and motivating! I have specific short term goals now (and the longer term goals for these new projects is becoming less blurry). AND I even produced two nifty figures from analysis I did after the meeting! I'm sure I'll be producing several more based upon what we talked about today - and I just have to say that I love feeling like I actually DID something. I made discoveries!

A friend of mine, whose wife is an ER nurse, sends her off to her shift by saying "Save some lives honey!"

I like when Mr. Daybyday can say "Make some discoveries today honey!"

And since the picture of my little degu friend seemed to be such a hit in the last post, here is another one - this time she was asking if it was time for play or treats - note the head cocked to the side slightly for extra cuteness.

No comments: