Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weekend haze

I've been pretty productive this week in the lab (hence the lack of posts for the last few days). That's exciting!

I'm still amazed that the whole professor career deal is looking appealing again. Will I ever make up my mind?

One evening this week I was so tired after dinner that I went to take a nap (haven't needed a nap in quite a while) - I think staying up until midnight, and getting less than 8 hours of sleep was catching up with me - especially since it takes me a while to get comfortable at night and fall asleep... Anyway, I "napped" from 6:30pm until 11pm. Then I watched a show with Mr. Daybyday, and then went to "sleep" for the night.

I felt pretty great the rest of the week, so I guess I just needed to catch up on sleep.

Another evening we went to find Mr. Daybyday a nice business casual outfit (we found several) for an upcoming meeting he had (he's trying to help fundraise for a really great organization he's involved with, and they were going to be meeting with a potential business sponsor). Anyway, he's got lots of casual clothes, and several dressier outfits, but nothing really business casual. So we hit the stores (well, just one store actually), and within an hour (including trying everything on) we were home, and he was set for his meeting.

Why does this NEVER happen when I go shopping for me??? I know that men's fashion is not as "liberated" as women's, so part of the efficiency is just due to less selection - but damn! It makes me envious. I've always enjoyed shopping for men's suits. I like finding nice shirts and ties that go well together, and it's just an overall pleasing experience. Why does women's fashion have to be so darned difficult? Don't get me wrong - I do appreciate having lots of selection to choose from - even being able to dress "manly" (there is much more taboo against a man dressing "womanly" for some reason) - but sometimes the selection either overwhelms me, and I don't know where to start, or most items look ridiculous on me, and I end up leaving the stores empty handed, and defeated.

Well anyway, I still enjoy shopping - but it's developed into a love-hate relationship over the years.

And now I'm sitting in my PJs in the living room with the laptop wondering how best to spend this overcast and drizzly Saturday morning. I think I'll make brownies.

No comments: