Impatience, and messages from the universe
I knew that today would be difficult. Waiting for this specialist appointment tomorrow... I'm going a little stir crazy here at work. I want to get out of here, in the hopes that somehow going home will make tomorrow come sooner.
I did pretty good last night keeping myself content and busy while Mr. Daybyday was away for a few hours. I baked some cookies for a holiday exchange (a yearly tradition between myself and a few friends back home). I decided to try a new recipe ("Orange zingers", with chocolate chips), so I wanted to bake some well ahead of time to see if I liked the recipe. And I do! They are quite yummy (if you are a fan of the orange/chocolate flavor combination, which I am) - so I will be making a few dozen more before the holidays for the annual cookie exchange.
While baking, I was listening to my latest favorite pandora.com radio station (based on a mix of music from the Cranberries, Fall out boy, Nelly Furtado, Shakira, and The Killers), and dancing around with the belly. We had lots of fun. The kitties were quite interested in all the commotion as well - so every now and then I picked them up to dance too. They didn't have as much fun with that.
I enjoy dancing "with" the wee one. It takes my mind off all the scary/sad thoughts, and I just get to enjoy the moment. Maybe that's why I'd rather be home right now instead of sitting here at my desk. But I can't just dance for hours and hours - my back/hips start getting angry if I do.
So I try my best to be patient. And work.
....
And for something mostly unrelated - yesterday something made me google "messages from the universe" and I stumbled upon a really neat email service from www.tut.com that will email you uplifting messages from the universe each weekday!
Now I'm not what you'd call a "religious type" - but I do have a spiritual side, and there are many aspects of spirituality or the super natural that I can have an appreciation for. The reason why I'm even bothering to mention any of this is because of the first "Message from the Universe" email I received today:
Did you know that whenever you whisper, "I'm sorry..." to someone quietly
in your mind, [Day by day], someone over here sheds a tear and
healing begins?
Did you know that whenever you whisper, "Can I help you..." to someone
quietly in your mind, someone over here sheds a tear and an army of angels
are sent?
And, did you know that whenever you whisper, "I love you..." to someone quietly
in your mind, someone over here sheds a tear, healing begins, an army of
angels are sent, and 10,000 bells are rung?
Actually, you even have your own marching band that follows you
everywhere....
I love you,
The Universe
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones! �
� www.tut.com �
Hey, I like bells, [Day by day]....
Well, heck, thinking of having my own marching band following me around DID cheer me up - scientific mind be damned. Wee one and I shall go a marching!
No comments:
Post a Comment