More waiting
Well I had the amniocentesis to test for lung maturity yesterday. I have to say that although the procedure itself was not "fun" it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure the needle hurt a bit, and those 20 some odd seconds seemed like hella longer than 20 seconds, but all in all I think the anxiety leading up to the procedure was worse.
Unfortunately we got the results today saying that the wee one's lungs are not quite ready yet. So we have to go back next week for another amnio. I'm really not looking forward to that (my belly has felt different ever since - maybe the wee one has less fluid to float around in, so my belly carries her differently?) - but it's better for her to stay inside and keep getting stronger.
And until then I am still on bedrest. Still waiting...
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Everything is happening so quickly!
I only have a minute but I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your little girl and sending you big hugs!
Watch as much TV as you can -- the uniterrupted quiet time will seem like a dream once wee baby girl (!) is born. Very best wishes ... to you and your wiggle worm.
Post a Comment