Second bit
As promised in my last post, I will now address point 2: Running towards...
There is a particularly nice blog that I read by another mommy whose daughter has multiple medical issues (in the interest of maintaining some sense of anonymity I won't link to it here, so you'll just have to trust that it is a great blog), and one of her posts was about a list of life goals she has for herself. On that list was being able to run a mile.
I'm very happy to report that she has now achieved and surpassed that goal!
It seems that a lot of my blog friends are becoming runners these days!
I think it's fantastic! I was never a runner until a few years ago when I decided to run a marathon to raise money for a charity. I still don't consider myself a runner (snails don't run) - though I do try to run a few times a week now. I've been lucky enough to find a friend to run with who doesn't mind running at my slooooow pace.
But all this has got me thinking about what my own goals are these days. I feel like I really should have some - even if it seems like I'll never have time right now to pursue them. I definitely won't pursue them if I don't know what they are!
So that's my homework, to figure out what I want to be running towards. Even if they're little things - cause I love checking things off my check-lists!
Do any of you have lists like that? What are on yours?
1 comment:
I have recently run a 10k, and now I would like to run it in 5 minutes less than my original time. Some day, I'd like to run a half-marathon (or maybe even a full one), but I think this is further in the future.
I think running goals are good because they are so objective, and a great stress relief in the process.
Post a Comment