fertility
I am still amazed that I want to get pregnant. I'm also amazed that after all those years of trying so desperately to prevent pregnancy, conception appears a smidgen more difficult to achieve than I had anticipated.
Mr. Daybyday bought us a book called "The Mother of all pregnancy books" by Ann Douglas. It has some extensive sections on pre-conception and things to increase the chances of conception. It is also much more informative than I had thought it would be. I have learned about some interesting details of human reproduction that I hadn't already known (which is impressive, since I'm a scientist and all).
But it also got me thinking of some possible fertility issues that we might have. My mother's side of the family appears quite fecund. But on my father's side I remember hearing that my grandmother had some miscarriages in between the birth of my father and his only sibling (they are separated by 20 years!).
I'm not overly worried. But just find it ironic that after all the turmoil of finally deciding to try and get pregnant, it is taking longer than I thought it would.
No comments:
Post a Comment