Resisting change
Sometimes I think I'm pretty darned lucky that I was born when I was. Because I'm really not that well adapted, and today's society, at least in the part of the world where I reside, is much more forgiving of my downfalls. Had I been born farther back in the past, I probably would have died from stress related to change.
I have the annoying ability of turning into a nervous wreck over the silliest things. Because at the time, they don't seem silly to me - they seem HUGE. Other times I just get into a funk, without any major breakdown - but it is still frustrating none-the-less.
Case in point: Mr. Daybyday has a new work schedule. This means that I now have a new day to day schedule - our old routine, which was difficult for me, is now gone. I should be happy, ecstatic even! But I find myself struggling to find a new routine that doesn't leave me feeling lost. Our new routine even gives me a bunch more free time on my own - time to do those things that I never end up doing when Mr. Daybyday is around - like really long phone calls with friends.
I know it will just take some time before this new routine becomes comfortable and familiar, but in the mean time I'm sort of annoyed that change has this affect on me. I guess I'm just a creature of habit.
That being said, I do get excited about some changes - like when I think about dream jobs that I do not currently hold. I just need to take that excitement and convert it to action, rather than letting it pass for the sake of maintaining routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment